Bronze refers to alloys with at least 60% copper content. However, copper is usually 90%, while the remaining 10% is tin. The first bronze deposits can be found on the fourth millennium BC. Date. However, the commercial production began between the years 2500 and 2000 BC. In the Middle East. Bronze is one of the first alloys used.
Especially known today is "Bronze Age", which is an epoch of about 2200 to 800 BC. This period is considered a period in human history in the objects were made mainly from just this bronze.
Much later - in the 1950s - bronze was used to make pressure-resistant diving helmets and it is still popular and well-known today, which is very popular with antique collectors and diving enthusiasts.
After all, for centuries bronze has been the material of choice for nautical devices as well as for the first diving bells. Now some watch manufacturers have begun rediscovering this heritage material. Bronze is easy to work with and its unique, yellowish red sheen gives it a distinct look compared to materials like gold, silver and stainless steel.
Inspired by the historical background of the bronze in connection with the diving, DAVOSA has developed a limited diver's watch, which became very popular after only a short time. Bronze has two properties that the typical case materials of stainless steel and gold do not: it looks unique and the material forms an unmistakable patina within a short time.This makes each watch one of a kind in what is already a strictly limited edition.
Diving, while wearing a DAVOSA Argonautic Bronze on your wrist, signals to the world that you are a trendsetter and yet part of a centuries-old tradition of seafaring and diving.